Neutral Plus High Performance Sealed Units
Using double glazing with Neutral Plus is one of the most effective ways to improve the energy efficiency of your windows.
Neutral Plus is one of the most energy efficiency glass products available helping to improve the window energy ratings of your glazing and making your home more comfortable:
- Improved thermal insulation – reduces heat loss more effectively than traditional low-E coatings.
- Promotes passive solar heat gain – free heat from the sun passes easily through the glass helping to warm your home.
- Improved energy efficiency – reduced need for heating helps to save energy and protect the environment whilst saving you money on heating bills.
- More comfortable rooms – improved thermal insulation means fewer cold spots and drafts near windows and doors.
- Less condensation – the inner surface of the glass stays warmer reducing internal condensation and prolonging the life of your window.
- No unsightly tint – Unlike traditional low-E coatings that suffer from an unsightly yellow tint, Neutral Plus looks very clear. This means your curtains or Georgian Bars will not look dirty or discoloured
- More light – less tint also means more light can enter the room, making it more comfortable and luminous
- No ‘haze’ effect – Neutral Plus does not suffer from the unsightly tint commonly associated with traditional low-E products
How Neutral Plus Works
Neutral Plus sealed units have a transparent metallic coating on side 3.
The neutral appearance of the glass allows more free heat and light from the sun (known as passive solar heat gain) to pass through the glass, warming your property and further contributing to the energy efficiency of your windows.
The special coating reflects heat from radiators and fires back into the room, rather than allowing it to escape through the windows.
View further details of Neutral 4S glass in pdf format.